We tried re-purposing Open Source products. They ended up being clunky for managing and reporting, and the more we tailored the solution, the more difficult/expensive it was to upgrade (see our 2015 ‘Tech Debt‘ snippet for more information).
Our first attempt at an App version led to a product that had never ending options, and super-high costs ($100K+).
We simplified. Locked some options down. And made everyone’s lives a whole lot easier (including our Learners).
We built LEARNINGx. It’s an App for iOS/X, Android and Windows, and it;
- delivers all our eLearning materials (including 360 and interactive content) offline
- uses simple ‘traffic-light’ reporting (green/amber/red levels of completion)
- requires little maintenance
- has a marketplace/shopfront for courses if needed
- has re-branding options so companies/organisations can either use our App, or make it look like their own